Placeholder for explanation of the key themes of the Pedal Parity blog.
Essentially, these revolve around:
- Equal billing for cycling – taking it as a serious mode of transport throughout the UK.
- Funding parity – to get the best benefits from cycling, funding needs to catch up with Dutch levels – still just £30-40 per person per year.
- Regional funding parity – narrowing the gap between London and the rest of England (and looking at why the gap exists).
- Accessibility – building a transport network that is easy to use, regardless of ability.
- Planning parity – making sure new developments are built to the best possible standards.
- Parking parity – cycle parking needs to be seen as a necessity, not just an optional extra.